I’m sure you saw the news. The Vice President and Secretary of HHS were both in Janesville with Speaker Ryan Friday, promising to unveil the Republican alternative to the ACA this week.
For those of us following this closely, several proposals are already out there, elements of which will presumably be in this ‘final’ repeal and replace legislation. Thanks to the Kaiser Family Foundation, I can share with you links to really nice summaries.
- The Affordable Care Act stays in place (five page pdf )
- Rep. Tom Price’s Empowering Patients First Act, 2015 (four page pdf )
- Paul Ryan’s A Better Way: Our Vision for a More Confident America, 2016 (five page pdf)
- Sen. Bill Cassidy’s Patient Freedom Act, 2017 ( six page pdf) and finally,
- Sen. Rand Paul’s Obamacare Replacement Act, 2017 (three page pdf )
And the winner is . . . . . . .
La La Land! No, wait.